Saturday, August 29, 2009

My Vacation Part 5: The Wild, Wild West


This picture is just too cool for words.

Up until this point in my life, I have never shot a gun. I've always wanted to learn how...uh, you know...for safety reasons...so one day my dad took a couple of us out into the hills to shoot.

Not to shoot us. To shoot guns. That should be clarified.

My brother, shooting a pistol:


My brother inspecting the milk jug he blew up with a shot gun, and my brother in law, Mike, pretending to be a target:

Marybeth with the revolver:
April taking the proper precautions with the ear protection:
If there's ever one thing I've learned, it is this: Don't make a pregnant woman angry.

"Yay!" for the 2nd Amendment!

2 comments:

ollie said...

Fun!!! So, were you any good? Last time I went shooting I would aim for the target, but I would end up shooting into the trees instead. I don't think I should ever have a gun in the house. If a robber ever broke in, there is more of a chance that I would shoot myself verses the assailant.

Erica said...

Those are some great poses you got of me Em!!