Saturday, August 29, 2009

Vacation Part 3: Another Soggy Day

The next day, since we weren't quite water logged enough from the water park, we headed out to Blacktail Lake. My bro-in-law got a boat earlier this year, and he needed to show it off to us. The day was a little chilly and breezy, but we all survived. And, I pretty sure kids don't care if they are freezing--as long as they are having fun!
Maryn and Hailey having fun in the sand Going for a ride in the sweet, new boat
Ok, ok, just kidding. That wasn't my bro-in-law's new boat.

Ailee was pretty content hanging out on the shore, while I wiped the unending stream of boogies running from her nose.

That day was my nephew, Hudson's, 5th birthday, so we sang him a rather fine rendition of "Happy Birthday," and had cake/cupcakes. Hudson is the one in the blue shirt with a very cheesy "it's-my-birthday-and-I'm-the-star-for-once" smile on his face.

Those delicious green cupcakes gave the kids some rather suave goatees.

The big kids got to play on the real boat with the real toys. Lucky for us, we all had well fitting life jackets:
We had wakeboards, and surf boards,
(Yeah, Ryan!)

but the only thing I had any skills for was hanging on for dear life on the raft.

I just had to include this picture because of the look on my niece's face. In her defence, they were pretty rough pulling the raft.
It was yet another fun-filled day of vacation. Maryn still talks about the water park and the lake, and how someday we can go back. Perhaps, someday, when we do make it back, I will be brave enough to try out the wakeboard.

I guess not all of us had the time of our lives out on the boat:

1 comment:

Mbeth said...

i love that dad could pass for yawning or screaming in that picture