Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ailee, the Shaggy Kid

Maryn needed her first hair cut at 5 months old. Ailee just got her first hair cut at 18 months. Two girls, same parents, very different.
My friend, Mallory, works at a children's salon. Normally, I'm a do-it-yourselfer, but I decided that this time, it would be best for all of us, to have someone else with better skills and proper equipment (I use scrapbooking scissors to cut Maryn's hair), cut Ailee's hair. And, naturally, I had to document it. Mallory had to reassure me several times that I wasn't the only crazy lady to bring their camera in for their child's hair cut.

Not quite sure about things, but there are suckers and a movie...so maybe it's not so bad. Being extra still for the stranger. Why for the stranger? Why can't my kids be good for me, too?
All done and BEAUTIFUL!!
Maybe this place is kinda fun.
They even sprayed sparkles in Ailee's and Maryn's hair. It was pretty fun. Totally worth the dough to avoid a fight and frustration.

4 comments:

Dani said...

Sooo cute...I need to find a place that will spray sparkles in Madison's hair. I got jipped at Supercuts, man! ;]

I love that it's snowing on your blog, I know it's due to your deep and abiding love for all things cold and wet. LOL

The Grows said...

She looks super cute. I love the new hair.

Laura Jansson said...

So cute! I'm with you... why will our kids listen to other people (or stay still in this case), but not listen to their mama's!?!? Glad it was a good experience :) PS. I made our blog private, so check your email for an invite. You didn't ask to be invited, but I took the liberty to assume you still like me and want to see it :) Hee hee... miss you!

Dani said...

Oh yes Emily, I'd love the snow code :D I wish I knew the code for the snowmen between the posts, but it's a premade from Leelou.