It's Spring Break, here. Two weeks. Yep, 2 weeks. We are on day 3. I might loose it. Those two days a week in pre-school help me keep my sanity. It doesn't help that during the previous five weeks, Maryn was only in school 1 day. We were either
1. on vacation,
2. sick,
3. on a field trip, or
4. having a snow day.
I even thought ahead. I made up a little chart with cute lady bug magnets for Maryn. I told her that if she could go 4 days in a row without crying, we would go out for ice cream. She did GREAT yesterday! Today is a different story. Is it ok that I bribe my child to not cry? It gets out of control. She cries over things such as: She can't snap her jeans, or we all went downstairs and left her alone upstairs, or she can't put her socks on, or she doesn't want to go to the bathroom, even though her bladder is about to explode. We did establish for our little deal that she could cry if she fell down and got hurt. I may be setting my standards too high with four days in a row.
5 comments:
I don't think it's bad. You do what ya gotta do. Hang in there. You're a great mom.
I totally feel for you! I REALLY hope we can get Tyler into SOMETHING next year even if, like you, i's two days a week. My sanity isn't doing so great these days...Tyler wouldn't even make it ONE day without crying.
Don't worry, it's not bribery unless you give her the treat before she completes the task. You are just positively re-enforcing!! HANG IN THERE!
i think i may have to use the bribery thing...i was not a good mom today but i am SICK to death of the constant whining. maybe if i use your trick and do up a chart and a reward, we can have some success too! anything is worth a try as i don't know how much more of this i can take without snapping!
Why didn't I think of that? You're brilliant Emily!
Post a Comment