A few weeks ago, I decided to actually make decor for Maryn's room. I kinda stole the basic idea from my sister in law, Allison, then altered it (a lot) for a little girl. Here are the originals she did with trees.
The print and the product.
I did flowers in pinks and yellows for Maryn. And I added buttons for the center of the flowers.
Here is the big picture. I think it's an 11"x16". I just used muslin for the background, then cut out each piece. Then I used stitch-witchery to keep things in place while I did some hand stitching around the edges of the petals and for detail on the leaves. You can't see that well from the photograph.Next I made three 8"x8" pictures with individual flowers. I did the same things here with the button centers and stitching around the edges and for details.
This last flower was the hardest, but my favorite. It's like the far left flower in the big picture, just different material. I tore strips of material and twisted it, then stitched it down into a swirl pattern. It's hard to see the detail from the picture, but I thought it added a lot of dimension.
It's probably a little goofy, but I needed something to fill up the wall space in Maryn's room. It was always so barren and boring. Now, I really like how it looks. It all just took me 9 months to finally decorate her room.


8 comments:
Darling, and what a cute idea for her room!! You did an awesome job. BTW, I love your bowl of easter eggs!
how crafty! i'd love to be able to have an idea like that and it actually turn out. my apartment is hardly decorated, unless you consider dirty dishes and piles of clothes decorative.
Hey Emily! It's your old co-worker buddy Karen! :) How are you!? My sister sent me your site because she knows a few gals you know from high school/church and I hope you don't mind, but I sure have enjoyed seeing all your pics & very funny stories!!!
First, sweet little Maryn is just PRECIOUS & TOO CUTE! Congrats to you on the second girl-to-be....we now have three little girls.:) 5,3, & almost 1 yr. old. The time goes by too fast! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures you made--you should take those over to Pottery Barn Kids and see if they'd be interested in buying a few! :) Very Cute!
We need to get our girls together sometime! Send me an email and I'll send you some pics of the girls.
Take Care! Tell your Mom & Dad "hello" & Marybeth too!
ummmm, you seriously are the most crafty person i know. i need to get tips or something from ya! anyways, sooo cute! good job on everything.
I love them. What a great idea. I have been wanting to make the trees that Allison did forever but I forgot. Thanks for the reminder!! I think that I might have to steal the flower idea as well for Emmy's room!
I LOVE IT!! Good job. I'm with you the twisted flower is my favorite. I think I will do if for Ella's room, which has a great big empty wall that I don't know what to do with.
Wow! I'm super impressed Emily! I think I'm most impressed that Maryn left you alone long enough to get it done!!!!!!!
those look awesome, Em. By the way, I'm planning on April 4th for the zoo--if anything changes, i'll let you know ;)
Post a Comment