Going along with the whole monkey theme, we played a game called "Pin the Monkey on the Tree." Everyone got their own monkey to tape on the tree blindfolded. It wasn't a huge hit because it turned out that 3 year olds don't like to be blindfolded and forced to walk, hence the video below. But Maryn did like that she had a tree full of monkeys, and now it is adorning our refrigerator. Like we need one more thing on the fridge.
After some fun, we sang, opened presents, and ate monkeys. I had put together a big box of dress up clothes for her (I'll have to pull out the capes I made and take a picture...I even impressed myself with how well they turned out from freehand.) with all sorts of fun things I'd found at consignment shops, around the house, and some I made. From Kade's parents she had gotten some great lightening McQueen dishes that have already gotten plenty of use. Going with the dressup thing, my mom found her a cute princess dress with hat, gloves and necklaces. I think she will really impress the boys with this one! Kade got her some of the Cars cars that she didn't have yet. Yippee!! more cars to pick up!
Over all, it was a very successful birthday. I think she got lots that she can have fun with and will enjoy.
Now, here comes the cheesy part: I truly believe Maryn was meant for our family. She is such a special girl and has a great personality. She is so good and I wouldn't trade her for the world. I'm amazed, even now, how much I can love someone.
Here's Maryn in a nutshell.
Her Favorite things are: Anything Monkey and the Cars movie
Her fears are: automatic toilets and sometimes root canals
Favorite foods: Spaghetti and cucumbers with dressing
Foods she won't touch: Bananas and watermelon
I'm amazed by her: compassion for others
My favorite feature of hers: her beautiful hair and her blue eyes
Her first word was: Tickle
Music that she loves to listen to: Johnny Cash (Fulsom Prison Blues, Ring of Fire), Best of Queen, Jenny/867-5309, Oklahoma, I am a Child of God, and Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
8 comments:
so fun!! LOVE The cupcakes, they were adorable! happy birthday maryn!
i too really like those cupcakes. do you think she will ever grow out of the cars thing? At least she has a girly princess dress to wear. looks like a way cute party. Mom of the Year award right there.
Looks like Maryn had a great party. Wish we could have been there and had a star wars/cars themed party...it would have been awesome! Hope you guys are doing well.
Looks like Maryn had a great party. Wish we could have been there and had a star wars/cars themed party...it would have been awesome! Hope you guys are doing well.
What a great birthday tribute. I have to tell you what Ella said when she saw the little video. "who's that?"
Me: "Uncle Kade, Aunt Emily, and Maryn" I don't know why she didn't remember, she only talks about your family at least every other day. Ella: "wow, they have a lot of kids". Me: "no, those are Maryn's friends at her party"
How cute! Happy Birthday Maryn! The cupcakes turned out super cute! You are so talented!
I love the cupcakes, and the pictures of Maryn are priceless! What a great party! :)
That was a really fun party. You are so good with being creative and clever, Emily. And you make everything seem like "no biggie" for you. Not just Maryn's party, but life in general. What a gift!
Post a Comment