It's been 10 years since I graduated from High School. Wow, I'm old. I remember when I was 17 (graduating from high school), thinking that 27 was old. Now here I am. One of those people that teenagers look at think, "she's old." But 10 years from now doesn't seem so far away anymore. Weird, huh?
I debated within myself about going to this reunion for a very long time. It took a lot of courage to mail in my invitation. I never felt like high school was living my "glory days." They weren't aren't all that glorious to me. I was shy and really really awkward, and also I was shy. Painfully so. Don't get me wrong, I had plenty of good times and laughs with the few good friends that I had, and of course it was packed full of growing experiences. But, as I sat there last night amidst all my classmates, I realized how grateful I was that I am where I am. I'm glad I'm not the same person I was back then. I'm so glad that I've done the things I've done and made the choices I've made. I wouldn't want to go back for anything and do it all again. My life is so much better right now. Sure, it's full of different challenges (like keeping my sanity), but I feel like I have progressed so much since high school, and I'm glad that I have had that chance to grow.
It was good to go to my reunion. I enjoyed catching up with people I hadn't seen in years. Everyone looked good...some the same, some very different. There were several people I wished could have come so I could reunionate with them, but such is life. I was surprisingly not very nervous going. I think I had realized before had that I didn't really have to impress anyone, I'm happy to be myself. Overall, I had a good time and I'm really glad I went.
1 comment:
Im sooooooooo bummed I couldn't make it! I've seen a few pictures from that night and I am sad I missed it! Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment