Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Big Splashy Adventure

Last Friday, Kade had the day off of school, so instead of being slouches all day, we made some plans with friends. A new indoor splash park, called Big Splash Adventure, opened up in February in French Lick, Indiana. Really that's the name of the town. The drive was about 1 and 1/2 hours, but we had a really good time. There was a good mix of kid and adult fun, and even a little wading pool for the babies. Here are some of the few pictures I captured that day.


Maryn loved going down the kiddy slides.
Ailee was pretty timid at first. Even though she loves the bath tub, it took her a while to detach herself from mom. Thanks to my friend, Becca, she even has a swim suit to match Maryn's. (I swore I would never do this, but since it was a gift....)
Kade and Maryn floating down the lazy river.
Grant, Kaebrii, Maryn, and Caiden playing in the fountains. I think Sydney had just walked out of the picture.
Poor Ailee was pooped. She fell asleep (in Janelle's arms) mid-snack.
We all had a great time at the park, and even the way home was fun. We stopped off for some shakes at a mom 'n pop shop, then Kade was good enough to let me browse around a cute little antique/country decor shop we spotted in Paoli. I did not come home empty handed.

7 comments:

Collette and Kevin said...

looks like fun! was the place very expensive?

bbcurfew said...

That looks like so much fun! Can we borrow your kids so we can go there and not look weird? Thanks. ;)

Laura Jansson said...

So fun! Let us know if you go again, I would love to take Bethany there!

Jessie said...

What a fun place! Another reason why I sometimes wish I lived in a big city again! What did you buy??

Allison said...

That looks like such fun! Should we bring our suits ;)

Yeah, what did you buy?

Darci said...

No kidding, French Lick?? That just cracks me up!! Guess who I ran into at a park last week??? Crystal Hanson Visser! It was so crazy! She looks great and has two adorable little girls. It was just like way back when....

pinkfrostycookies said...

What a great way to spend the day. I love French Lick! Just driving there is a day well spent. Is this park by the big Hotels/Resorts? It looks so cool! Did you see Larry Bird? :)