We stayed at a hotel on the coast of the North Sea, but I can't remember the name of the town. It was pretty chilly, but we managed a walk along the beach.
Amsterdam was an interesting place. Pretty much anything goes, there. We tried our best to avoid the red light district. The architecture is great, and I loved all the bikes lining the streets. While we were there, we went to the Anne Frank House, the Rijks Museum, and the Van Gogh Museum. All, very worth while excursions.Our next trip was to Lisse, Holland, where the Kukenhof Gardens are. WOW! I loved it. I think this is where I fell in love with tulips.
My favorite are the red tipped with yellow tulips.
I got some great pictures of Maryn. She was hamming it up while we took pictures. She was about 10 months old at the time...and still toothleess.
Silly girl!
Driving along the roads, we would see fields of flowers.
We stopped at little shop out in the middle of nowhere. Thankfully the Dutch are very friendly people, and a man jogging down the road helped us find our way. At this shop, they demonstrated how to make clogs, and the history behind clogs. Then we had a demo on cheese making. Mmmmm. Cheese.
Me, in a ginormous pair of clogs.
Our final trip in Holland was to a place called Kinderdijk, where several old windmills line a canal. They were nonfunctioning, but still very cool to see.On Sylivia's (my sister's Mother-in-law) list of things to visit in Europe, was a WWII American Cemetary at the border of Germany and Holland.
This is where her father was buried, after he died in WWII. It was very touching to be able to go with her to "meet" her father, and to take in the reality of the sacrifice those men made.
Thanks, Jill, for a fun time!
6 comments:
You look so blonde! I can't wait to come see you guys.
i still have frankfurt on my farewatchers. did you know you can get a roundtrip ticket for $298. that's insanely low.
Oh, the Keukenhof! One of my favorites! I actually just came home from the store with a bunch of tulips in hand! The places you mentioned in Amsterdam are awesome too. What's with the oversized clogs? They're everywhere. I have a picture sitting inside one. Yeah, weird, I know.
I love your pictures of the tulips and the ones of Maryn in them! So cute
Great photos! I can't believe we never went to those places. Hopefully, we'll get to move back and you can come and visit and give us a tour.
Wait I've never seen you where those shoes before...do you still have them?? :) I love how little Maryn is...I haven't seen her that small before.
Post a Comment