I'm sure all of you (my avid blog followers) have been dying to know where the heck I've been and why the heck I haven't had a post for what seems like a bagillazillion (yes, it's a real number...I created it and am about to put it on wikapedia) years. My answer: vacation.
I skipped town with the girls and hung out with my fam for a while. What a crazy-fun time we had. I think every second was planned, or delegated to be planned, by my mom, but not uptight like Monica's parties on "Friends." I don't have time (or the 800+ pictures downloaded onto my computer yet) to blog about it all tonight, so you'll just get a brief overview.
The last 2 and 1/2 weeks included: Lots of driving. The BYU creamery. More driving. Having fun at the cabin at Island Park. Lots of kids. Riding four wheelers. Eating awesome dutch oven food, prepared partially by yours truly. Playing games and staying up WAY too late. Lots of other cabin-y things that I can't think of right now because it's really late. More driving. Trying to get a picture of the entire family (12 adults and 20 kids) in my sister's back yard. Watching outdoor movies. Ross Park in Pocatello. Boating at Blacktail. Reminiscing at Rick's College (now BYU-Idaho). My brave mom camping in the backyard with the little kids. Shopping. Family Day at Reed's Dairy. More driving. Shopping. The Hogle Zoo. Hanging out in the mountains. More shopping. And lots of eating not good for you food. I gained 5 lbs. really. Then, a really long drive home during which Maryn tossed her fries all over her carseat. (curvy downhill mountain pass+child in the backseat with a weak stomach=vomit) Fortunately we were only an hour from home.
That was a great vacation. I think there was a point in which Kade wondered if I was going to return home. I may have wondered the same thing.
Thanks to all my family for a REALLY good time. I miss you all already.
More to come!
4 comments:
can't wait to see pictures! sounds like a blast :)
Egads! Sounds like you had too much fun...I'm glad you decided to come home. In all fairness, you really didn't gain five pounds, you're just taking care of the five that I lost while you were gone.
Kade
that reminds me why i'll never eat sour cream and onion cheezits again
What you didn't tell me you were here? I'm soooooo offended, LOL j/k I'm glad you had a fun visit, and now that you're closer we'll have to get together next time! Can't wait to see pictures!!! :)
Post a Comment