My doctor called the day before I was set to be induced, and asked me if I could go into the hospital at some crazy hour of the night to get started on the ptosin drip. At about 3 in the morning, I drove myself over to the hospital and checked in, so that Kade could take care of the girls come morning. On the door of my room, they had a dry erase board with the nurses info on it. My nurse came in an pointed to the middle section and asked me, on a scale of 1-10, what my pain goal was. Naturally, I selected a pain goal of 0....or no pain.
When Kade showed up (later, and with a decent night's sleep....lucky), I was explaining to him about the pain goal options. We weren't sure who in their right mind would actually select a 10, but we thought we would be funny and do this:
After a successful delivery, Kade left to fetch the girls from the sitters, and my mom from the airport. It was fun to watch Maryn and Ailee with their new sister. Maryn was pretty infatuated (and still is) with her.
Me, my Mom, and Cora--three generations of babes:
The following day, we just had an angry 2-year-old teenager, that just wanted to sit in the chair and check out the apps on Kade's Iphone.
Me with with a sweet little angel in my arms. Sans makeup. Luckily I had that pretty XXXXXXXXXXL hospital gown to offset the lack of femininity.
I was pretty glad to get out of that horrible hospital bed (seriously, can they make them any more uncomfortable??) and go home. It's always a bit of a bizarro feeling to bring a new little baby home for me. For the first little while I have to constantly remind myself that I have another kid. And pray that I don't leave her somewhere.
It was nice to have my mom here with me to make that transition. And to have an extra set of hands to hold a baby and care for the other girls.
My next goal is to get some decent pictures of the girls all together so that we can get Christmas cards out. All in due time....
8 comments:
I like the festive blogs. And that baby...I'll take her as soon asyou get tired of he, she's beautiful.
Cora is just beautiful & love the three generation of the babes! Three beautiful babes!! Tell your momma hello for me & I know she has been a big help to you! Maryn is a great age for a new baby...one of my favorite parts of bringing home a new baby. The older girls just LOVED holding Sophie & I loved watching them. Kate..not so much! ;) But, now they are best buddies! I always loved taking pictures in the morning..after we all had breakfast..felt a little clean & everyone was happy. Such fun days, but man alive does it make you feel like you'll never catch up! I know you will & you'll do a fantastic job with 3!!
Sending you a big hug from Kan-tuck-eee!!! :)) Karen H (henage.k@gmail.com)
Cody and I always say, it hurts so good! haha You would think we were related or something. ;) And about the documentation of the third...Poor Kayla STILL doesn't have a baby book! yikes
She is precious! I think she looks like Ailee so far. Speaking of Ailee, I love the grumpy picture of her :)
love the ornery teenage picture. Cora's beautiful. I can't wait to meet her. What a fabulous name too. Who was the fabulous person who gave you the idea?
Beautiful Baby!! She is so cute and looks a lot like your second. I'm right with you on praying I don't leave the new little one anywhere. Every time I get in the car I have to run through the checklist of what I need to take with me. Ledgen is on that list!!
Congratulations! Cora is so beautiful! We're glad we can get online to finally see her. You get an A plus, plus!
Post a Comment