I think this week Maryn has turned into a 16 year-old. The child is beyond obstinate (hence the time-out session over silly pictures) and does exactly the opposite of what I ask. I was only able to get one picture where she was actually looking at the camera and smiling while not flailing her arms. What a stinker.
Easter was a success (unlike most of my pictures). We obviously decorated eggs last week, and Maryn enjoyed the contents of her Easter basket. I raided those awesome dollar bins at Target for goodies. She got some bubbles, to be enjoyed outside when we get some more decent weather, a bouncy chick, which she loves, some heart shaped bangles (what little girl can live without them???), a headband with flower petals, and a headband with bunny ears. I feel a little guilty for being an Easter Grinch and not buying any candy. Be we all know that I would end up being the one to eat most of it, so I decided to not even tempt myself. After playing with all her gifts I did attempt to indoctrinate her with some of the religious background on Easter. But, I'm almost certain that she just sighed and rolled her eyes. I look forward to those teen years.
Here are the only semi-decent pictures I managed to snap:
Maryn in her pretty Easter dress. Don't look too close...we took these after lunch and there is PB&J all over her dress.
Tryin' out those bunny ears.
Even though there is nothing in those eggs, she still loves to play with them.
As a completely irrelevant and rather inappropriate side note, Kade wanted me to say that he has plans that involve those bunny ears and a hot babe. I wonder who the lucky girl is.
HAPPY EASTER!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
5 comments:
Easter dresses and pb&j...I was just waiting for Hudson to spit up all over his nice new outfit...he surprised us and didn't!
So pretty! Can't even see the peanut butter. I was just telling my friend about Maryn and what a card she is. Ella talks often of her and asks when we can see her again. I hope soon.
Why didn't you snap some pictures of Kade in his pretty new easter dress?
You're lucky Maryn hasn't figured out the candy in the egg thing yet. It's just a matter of time before she's corrupted by the knowledge of other children. Next year she'll be demanding candy!! By the way, I loved the decorations you made for the kids' rooms. When we move to Louisville maybe I'll pay you to be my interior decorator.
Maryn looks darling, peanut butter/jelly and all (can't even see it ;) I think we had the same frustrations taking pictures and I think I'm going to do a dress up day and take some more....we shall see.
Post a Comment