Here we are...just one year out from Kade's graduation! Wow, I can't believe how fast this last year has flown by. Before you know it, we're going to have to decide where we want to live and set up practice. That sounds a little stressful for two very indecisive people such as ourselves.
This weekend was the 2nd year Endo graduation. As part of the celebration of becoming real Endodontists, we had a little gathering this afternoon at Churchill Downs. Despite our really really really lousy gambling skills, we had a lot of fun. I had never been to a race at Churchill Downs (that's for tourists, right?), so this was a first time experience for me. What made it even awesomer was that we were up in Millionaire's Row!! Cool, huh? We are totally posh. Pretty much we had this nice air conditioned room where we had lunch, then we went outside on the balconies when the races started. I think they are getting us ready for that "my husband is a doctor" lifestyle. Come find me in 20 years and I'll tell you if it has happened for us yet.
There was a bit of excitement/sadness...I'm not sure which...on the track today. During two of the races, a horse was injured. Somehow, Kade got a picture of the first event. That horse didn't ever get up. And if you look very closely at the picture below, you can see the jockey getting trampled under the feet of the horse ahead of the horse that was down. It was a little scary. At least the jockey was conscious and sitting up. They did take them both away in ambulances. I think the jockey was euthanized and the horse probably was injured badly....oh wait, that doesn't sound right.
We did put a few bets down on some horses. Oh, and just so you know, you shouldn't take betting advice from a three year old. She picked horse number 5 for two races in a row, and they both lost. Then, on the next race, we decided to pick number 1. Guess which number won that race! Number 5. Oh well. I think we lost all of 9$ on betting today. We've learned our lesson. Here I am teaching my three year old how to place a bet at the track. 

I am so mother of the year.
It was a nice, relaxing way to spend an afternoon. I would hate to leave KY and never have been to a horse race. Now, we just have to make it down to Mammoth Caves and then I can feel like my journey here has been complete.
7 comments:
im sure kade has dragged you to the slugger museum too right. that's another touristy thing to do there. hey you know those posters we got in europe. we are finally almost have them framed!
I am so jealous. I went to churchill downs but it was closed so I didn't get to see much. I desperately want to go back and experience it. We did make it to Mammoth Cave, it was alright I am not a cavewoman. I do like it that I have been though. I am crossing my fingers that everything is where we want it so you can come next week. I really would like to see you guys.
I'm laughing sooo hard right now....I can't believe you helped Maryn place a bet. LOL j/k Looks like a FUN day, I LOVE Churchill Downs and hopefully someday I'll get to go to a race too!
What is up with the musical blogs? Man, my blog is so behind the times now.
Kade you are still the coolest - or not ;)
you ARE mother of the year! i love it. looks like you guys had a great time!
Isn't it funny how we lived all those years there and have never visited Churchill Downs...its so embarassing when I tell people I have never been!
Looks like you had a blast. You look great Emily...such a cute pregnant belly!
Post a Comment