Sunday, March 08, 2009

Awesome GNO

Ok, it's been over a week, and I have neglected to post about our latest Girls' Night. This was actually a Girls' Overnight, and it was pretty stinkin' fun. My friend, Sarah, has a great mother-in-law, who owns a cabin in beautiful Red River Gorge. She let us use it for our escape. We loaded up our cars on Friday evening as soon as all of our hubbies got home to take over the child corralling. We drove about 2 hours to the cabin, AKA "Lover's Landing" (very romantic...) which was in a great spot, and was so nice! The evening was spent playing games:
(The best picture of the night--Janelle licking Brinn's toe.)
And soaking up the bacteria in the scalding hot tub:(What a bunch of HOT MAMAS!!)
The next morning, we had one of the best breakfasts I think I have ever had (probably because it didn't include Cheerios or frozen waffles) to start the day. A few of the gals had to head home, but we got a picture of the group before they ran off.
Back: Collette, Me (with my eyes closed), Melissa, Sarah, Erin, Waveney, and Amber
Front: Janelle (no diseases, yet from licking the toe) and Brinn
Our first hike was up to Natural Bridge. The last time I hiked this was many, many years ago, when:
1. I hadn't had two kids
2. I was about 10 lbs lighter, and
3. I didn't have a chest cold.
Needless to say, I am out of shape, and had a much harder time climbing all the stairs than my more in shape, marathon running, athletic friends. But, I survived, squeezed through the skinny gap...
...and made it all the way to the top.
Me, Janelle, Sarah, Erin, Waveney, and Amber
The way down was much easier. We drove a few miles over and did another (flatter) hike. It was very beautiful, too, and this time my balancing skills were put to the test as we had to cross a creek many times. My shoes were very muddy, but only a little bit wet. We hiked out to Danielle Boone's hut, which was in a cool cave-ish area, but happened to be only a few rotten boards laying on the ground. It was still a great hike, and I was able to see a new side to some of my friends. (ha ha!)
After hiking, we went back to the cabin for a very good lunch, soaked up a few more bacteria in the hot tub, and packed up. We bid farewell to Lover's Landing and headed home. Thanks to all my friends, who made this such a fun time! I look forward to our future Girls' Outings!

7 comments:

The Wilkes said...

Hmmm...I wonder who's side you're referring to. It was a great time! For ABF, you load it yourself. So if you don't want to, you would have to hire movers to load the truck. There were two options, load a semi-truck and you pay for the space you use, which was the cheaper option. Or you can get the pods and load them, which was quite a bit more expensive.

Allison said...

Wow! Color me jealous! That's sounds like a lot of fun.

Collette and Kevin said...

i think we need to start a yearly girls' weekend and all meet up somewhere. you game?

Jessie said...

Sounds like a fun trip!! It is always nice to get away without the kids!!

The Grows said...

It looks like you had a great time. I need a girls night out. If I fly over from Germany can I come to the next one?

Roundy Clan said...

I'm jealous! Sounds like you had fun. I would kill for a girls night out!

bbcurfew said...

Looks like fun!