Sunday, March 01, 2009

Hunger Pains

I was trying to think about something interesting to blog about today. But, today is Fast Sunday (as a Mo' on the first Sunday of every month, we fast through two meals and then donate the money we would have used for those meals to the church, to distribute to those in need), so all I can think about is food. When I was in Utah, my sister took me (without kids....thanks to my bro in law) to this restaraunt called Shoots. YUM. My first thought is that is was a sports bar. No. It was Chinese cuisine, and it was the BESTESTEST Chinese food I have ever had! Every so once in a while, I really like Chinese buffets, but they always leave me feeling heavy and greasy. This restaraunt was so not like that. Instead of mounds and mounds of breaded meat on top of rice, our main course was mostly vegetables with a good amount of meat mixed in. We got Kung Pao Chicken and String Beans Beef. Mmmmm, it was good. I even liked my soup (Hot and sour soup...which my sister didn't care for as much) and the egg rolled served with our meal. Seriously, it was the best restaurant meal I've had in a long time. So, if you are ever in Provo, Utah, and you're looking for a good place to eat...Shoots. Oh, and the price was great. I think it was $20 for lunch for both of us.

2 comments:

Mbeth said...

i've never been there. how come i couldn't come? was i working? that was really lame of me. Next time you come to visit, I'm quitting my job.

Darci said...

I've never heard of it and I love chinese! I'm planning a trip this week!