After getting dinner in the crock pot, getting ready for the day and fighting the urge to just run away, the girls and I went over to a friend's house. I am grateful for my friends (#1). I went over with a big, dark cloud over my head, but it seemed to disappear the instant I sat down. My friends are good and uplifting--I love to be around them. We had a super duper fun GNO (Girls' Night Out) this last weekend. As soon as I get my pictures together, you will hear more about our little overnight trip at Lover's Landing. (Oh, the anticipation!!)
When I got home, I put the girls down for some much needed naps. Maryn was so exhausted from throwing tantrums and crying this morning, that she fell right to sleep. I was able to balance the check book and pay some bills. We have some banking accounts and insurance policies through a company called USAA. USAA is available to military members and their families, and over the years has proven to be the company with the best customer service. (#2) We pay a little bit more for our insurance, but it is SO worth it. After natural disaster #2 hit Louisville, I heard rumors that homeowners insurance policies would cover your food spoilage if you lost power, and I wondered if our renters insurance would also cover the costs. We were fortunate enough to keep our power after the ice storm, but I had never made any claims from last September, after the wind storm. So, I called them up today. What a great company! I was pleased for the following reasons:
A) I was on the phone with a real person longer than I was on hold.
B) The person's primary language was English. Not Spanish, Hindi, or Ebonics.
C) I did not feel like I was interrupting this person's busy day of checking their email or texting with their friends.
D) They did cover the cost of the food loss.
[Chanting]
U-S-A-A
U-S-A-A
U-S-A-A
Now, if only they offered sanity insurance.
After I talked with the rep. at USAA about the food, I was asking them about making some claims on our upcoming move, should we need to. I realized that I never announced our big decision.
We are moving to Denver, Colorado! (#3)
Kade accepted a position there a few weeks ago, and I can't tell you the relief it has brought to have that decision made. Now I have to deal with the stress of finding a dwelling place. Rent for a while? How long? Risk online home buying? Whatever the outcome, we are excited about it. We both loved it there when we went out for the interview. Also, I am excited to step down as "bread winner" for the family.
Our new flagOf course Denver comes with a downside to it. I did some online research:
-It is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor,
-It is illegal to mistreat rats, and
-You may not drive a black car on Sundays.
Hmm...it makes you wonder, how did these laws come into effect??
Reason number four (#4) is this:
Yep, it's my fav German chocolate, and that's what I ate for lunch. Confession: I am an emotional chocolate eater. Normally I eat one or two squares, at most, half a bar. Today, I ate the WHOLE THING. About 3:00 my stomach was pretty angry. But it made me feel better.
7 comments:
im glad you were able to find a reason or 4 to smile today. I'm also excited that you know where you are going to live long term and that we can come visit on somewhat of a wim.
YAY, Denver! I would rent for a while to see what and where you want to be. That's what Shad and I want to do from now on, even though there's the pain of moving twice.
Yay good friends.
YAY, CHOCOLATE! especially German chocolate.
Sorry about the tude you're getting from Maryn. I am sorry to tell you I think it gets a little worse when she starts school. Prepare yourself.
Wow Denver! Sounds great for you guys! Hopefully Maryn will grow out of this phase. I didn't start getting attitude from Hadley till this year!
Emily,
You will love Colorado. Is Kade going to work with Dr. Whitney? His office is impressive. We liked visiting with him. p.s. my little bro is in the mtc right now and has a kid in his district named Shad Roundy...wondering if he is a close relative of Kade's...I'm sure their related somewhere back there.
What's the dealio with the vacuum law? I bet a vacuum salesman made that one up to increase his sales...Congrats on Denver! We have tons of Dental Mormon friends in the Denver area, if you want house hunting advice in Denver we can probably hook you up.
U-S-A-A! U-S-A-A! I heart them also...
CONGTATS Emily! I LOVE Denver...and I am SO jealous that you are moving there! It would be the #1 place to live IF I could choose my place of dwelling. Did you know that they (supposedly) have more sunny days than any one city in the country (yes, even more than Phx)...so I have been told! You will love it! Congrats again, and let me know if you need any info on where to live in the city :)
wow...i think alexa hit that phase already. i've had my share of those days lately. maybe it's the whole potty-training thing or the whole pregnancy thing or a combination...who knows??!! anyways, i think i may need to try some of that german chocolate. yummers!
Post a Comment