Thursday, March 12, 2009
If You Can't FInd It, Make It Yourself!
I have searched high and low for something cute to put into Ailee's hair. She has enough hair to make for some serious bed head, but not enough to pull up or into clips. Every store I went in to, I would check out their baby head band collection, only to be disappointed that everything has big icky bows and/or lace. Finally, I decided to do some internet research and make my own. I found this tutorial, and altered it for a baby's head, making the width smaller (2") and using only 1/4" elastic so it wasn't so bulky (which was a little tricky to figure out how to cover it in fabric...but once I got it, it was a breeze). Hobby Lobby (I heart Hobby Lobby) had a bunch of cute fabrics, so I bought a fourth of a yard of each...which will make several headbands. Here's my little model, showing off one of my favorites:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I'm always impressed by your initiative. They're cute enough to start a business and start selling them.
Too cute! I've been trying my hand at a few baby things I've found online...I'll have to post them soon. You may just have to post your "secret" headband recipe for those of us with little girls (or soon to have!)
She is too cute! I love it! Great job Emily! Your "doctored" headband looks even better than than the one in the tutorial! --On another note, congratulations on the job in Denver! Travis and I think we would love to live in Colorado, so count on us for a visit to see how it is sometime after you are settled. :) Can't believe Kade is graduating already! Where does the time go?! It was great to see you at Christmas, look forward to seeing you again soon!
wow, way cute. how come you got the creative, i make every craft i touch cute and the initiative to do genes? i think i got the shallow end of the gene pool on that one.
Oh boy, does she look cute! I remember making similar headbands for my girls (they were a little lacking in the hair area for the first year of their lives). What adorable fabric, too.
What I couldn't figure out on Sunday was how it stayed on her head! I have used headbands like that on my kid's head's and they always slip off! They even do the same thing on my head. Ailee's stayed on no matter how much she wiggled. Then I realized she has a perfectly shaped head. That would explain it.
seriously, you have the cutest darn kid!! ailee is such a doll. and i love the headbands. i'm heading to walmart tomorrow to get stuff for the aprons so i'll chat with you on sunday about setting up a tutorial for you to help me with them, if you don't mind. i need to take in as much of your creativeness as i can before you guys are outta here! :-(
Seriously when did she get so big?? Love the hair bands. Leave it to you to figure it all out on your own! Great job. Now you just need some matching ones for Maryn
SO CUTE! I love the headband, but besides that, it is one of the cutest pictures of Ailee ever :)
I hate to be the one to tell you but Hobby Lobby owns Mardel's which is a Christian bookstore. They have a whole section on the LDS church conveniently located in their "Cult" section. I grew up in Oklahoma which is the natl' headquarters for HL and have seen said section with my own peepers. I don't go there any longer. Just an FYI.
BTW on an actual related note the headband is SO cute. You are so creative. Congrats on the Denver assignment. I would trade a child (well maybe just a loan) to live in CO.
Post a Comment