Wednesday, April 15, 2009

An Easterly Wind

As our time winds down here in Louisville, it seems like everything is happening so fast. I feel like my weeks are busy with work, errands, watching kids, and spending a few more precious moments with friends before we all leave, and during the in-between-times I'm driving myself nuts making a bazillion headbands. (I've lost count of how many Ailee has, and I've made several for Maryn)
This last week was, of course, Easter, which came and went so fast. On Wednesday, a bunch of friends met at a park and we had an Easter Egg hunt for the kids. It ended up being a beautiful morning, and we had a good turn out. I think the kids loved it.


Posing for a group picture.
I mostly just got pictures of Ailee. Maryn was too busy eating candy to take any pictures where she wasn't giving me a scowl or the stink eye.

Kind of a weird look, but cute. She may have been in the process of eating some grass, wood chips, and/or dirt.

This picture is proof that this is, in fact, Kade's child. 100% a Kade look.

My sweet little bug.

Easter morn rolled around. A silly bunny left us all some presents and too much candy. Maryn got a Mack (the semi truck that totes Lightening McQueen around in the movie "Cars.") tent, that now adorns our back porch. At least now I don't have to make tents out of blankets in my family room. Ailee got a toy monkey that is coveted by Maryn, and some Easter eggs filled with cheerios and little puffs. She loved it.
After church, Kade bribed Maryn with a quarter to let me take some pictures of the girls in their Easter dresses. Yes, I gave in, and they are matching. I've really got to stop this.
Florally Roundy sisters:

This kid loves to take pictures. I sure hope it continues.
There is very little photographic proof that Maryn knew how to smile between the ages of 3 and 4. Finally, a good one. Isn't her hair so pretty down?
Happy Easter, Ya'll!

6 comments:

The Grows said...

I always love reading your blog. It is so fun to watch your little family grow. I can't believe how old Maryn looks she was just a baby when you left here. Oh and Mark and I were just talking about how Ailee looks just like her dad; that one picture is just more proof hahahaha.

Roundy Clan said...

So cute! I love all the pictures! Sounds like you guys had fun and we can't wait to visit you in Colorado!

Jessie said...

I love matching dresses! It is getting harder now for me to keep it up. To much of a gap between my girls. They are so cute!

Mbeth said...

what cute nieces i have. smile or no smile.

Collette and Kevin said...

love the dresses!! ;-) my neice also has it, i just found out. my sister went to arizona for a wedding in april and picked it up. guess we all have good taste.

Laura Jansson said...

SO cute! Call me next time you go to the park! We need some sunshine and playtime! :)